Monday, December 01, 2014
It's been awhile but we are back! And as Mr. Waving Turtle up there indicates it has taken me a bit to get back here to the old blog watering hole (or wherever turtles congregate so I may continue the metaphor) but I'm here and ready to go so let's talk trademarks!
If you've got a topic you'd like addressed please comment and I'll be sure to tackle it in a future post.
For today, I'll assemble a greatest hits list. This will provide a good overview of trademarks as a whole. You can also search the blog if you're looking for something more specific. And if nothing pops up then leave me a hey I wanna hear about this note in the comment section.
Trademarks - A Quick Introduction
- Aww, my 3rd post ever. It's an oldie but goodie. Plenty of basic info here.
What is a Trademark?
- What it is.
What is NOT a Trademark?
- What it isn't.
What's the deal with the © ® ™ symbols?
- While my Seinfeld-ian homage may have fallen flat the info in the post is gold, Jerry! Gold!
Is it Possible to Search my Trademark for Free?
- Spoiler Alert! It ain't but finding out why is handy to know.
What is a Trademark Search?
- aka what does it mean when a search is comprehensive?
Do You Need a Registered Trademark?
- Maybe. Maybe not. Read on to find out.
How to Know When to Trademark your Logo
- Got a cool logo? You may want to think about protecting it.
Trademark a Name and Logo: Together or Separate?
- The filing costs shouldn't be your only consideration here.
Brainstorming Tips for Creating a Business Name
- You've got the business but don't know what the heck to call it. Check out this post for some tips.
Starting a Business Series
- For many, many posts I wrote up on starting business in all kinds of different industries and included general business start-up knowledge to more specifics, such as associations, books, and articles.