Scenario: You've decided to start a small business. You've researched your industry, your customers and your business' message/personality. There seems to be so many 'first steps' when it comes to starting a business but one that's always way, way up there is creating a business plan.
Research, research, research – this cannot be stressed enough. Read as much as you can. Here are some book titles that are relevant:
• Writing a Convincing Business Plan by Arthur R. DeThomas Ph.D., Lin Grensing-Pophal
• The Definitive Business Plan: The Fast Track to Intelligent Business Planning for Executives and Entrepreneurs (2nd Edition) by Richard Stutely
• The Complete Book of Business Plans: Simple Steps to Writing a Powerful Business Plan (Small Business Sourcebooks) by Joseph A. Covello
• The One Page Business Plan with CD-ROM by James T., Jr. Horan
There are plenty of free informational resources out there.
* Five Crucial Components of a Business Plan by Cavyl Stewart
* Sample Business Plan Outline by Lance Winslow
* 8 Business Plan Mistakes to Avoid by Jo Ann Joy
* How to Prepare a Business Plan that Guarantees Big Profits by Julia Tang
* Writing a Business Plan and Check List by Thomas Choo
TradeMark Express Blog Schedule
A VIS (Very Important Step) for your New Business