Trademark International Class: Class 14 (Jewelry)
What is International Class 14 All About?
Each class has a short title heading that gives a snapshot of what that class is all about -- IC 14's short title is jewelry. Seems pretty straightforward, right? But, as with anything trademark, there's more to it than that. The USPTO has 288 accepted descriptions that fit into IC 14; check them out here. Any jewelry item you could possibly think of belongs in this class, such as earrings, bracelets, necklaces, rings, anklets and watches. Also included is jewelry for your pet.
What Else is in International Class 14?
Seems like with any of these trademark classes, there always seems to be the oddball item or two and IC 14 is no exception. Here are a few items living in IC 14 that while connected to jewelry are not necessarily jewelry itself:
• precious metals and stones, such as gold, silver, opals, agate, topaz, peridot, etc.
• clocks be they alarm, for the car or incorporating a radio
• collectible coins
• jewelry boxes, cases, organizers as well as jewelry making kits
What's New for International Class 14?
The classification guide is constantly being updated with new goods or services. As the marketplace changes, the trademark office must adapt. Here are some of the 2009 listings for international class 14, good plus date added to the guide:
• Threads of precious metal 25 Jun 09
• Commemorative medals 18 Jun 09
• Statues of precious metal 21 May 09
• Jewelry incorporating a computer storage device containing medical information for medical alert purposes 5 Mar 09
• Cuff links of precious metal 8 Jan 09
- Mention our blog & receive $25 off of our Premium Package -
- Put BLOG in the Contact Name field -