TradeMark Express Starting a Business Series: Clothing Line
The clothing industry, as you can well imagine, is a very competitive one. To succeed takes knowledge, patience, talent and a bit of luck. As far as the knowledge bit goes, I found some sources that will assist you further.
Associations may be a good avenue to explore as well. These organizations will address many of the thoughts, questions and concerns you'll inevitably have about the clothing industry as well as many you haven't anticipated yet.
International Association of Clothing Designers & Executives
Associations Directory for the Apparel & Fashion Industry
There's nothing quite like research – the more you know about the clothing industry, the better. There are plenty of free informational resources out there.
- Key to Starting Your Own Clothing Company by Bradley Johnson
- Your New Clothing Company – Apparel Sourcing by Bradley Johnson
- Fashion Marketing 101 by Amie Pronowski
Also, here are some book titles that may interest you:
- The Official Step-by-Step Guide to Starting a Clothing Line by Jay Arrington
- The Business of Fashion: Designing, Manufacturing, and Marketing by Leslie Davis Burns
- Fashion for Profit (Revised Edition with Retail Chapter) by Frances Harder
- The Fashion Designer Survival Guide: An Insider's Look at Starting and Running Your Own Fashion Business by Mary Gehlhar
Hope that helps! I wish you much success & happiness in all your ventures!