Starting a Business Series: Become a Mortgage Broker
The best routes to take are to research the process of starting a business as well as the industry you're interested in.
I recommend checking out the Small Business Administration
, Entrepreneur, Start Up Journal, Wall Street Journal & Nolo’s Starting a Business –
Associations may be a good avenue to explore. These organizations will address many of the thoughts, questions and concerns you'll inevitably have as well as many you haven't anticipated yet.
- National Association of Mortgage Brokers
- Mortgage Bankers Association of
- National Home Equity Mortgage Association
Research, research, research – this cannot be stressed enough. Read as much as you can about the industry. Here are some book titles that are relevant:
- So You Want to Be a Mortgage Broker by Ameen Kamadia
- Mortgage Encyclopedia: An Authoritative Guide to Mortgage Programs, Practices, Prices and Pitfalls by Jack Guttentag
- The Mortgage Originator Success Kit: The Quick Way to a Six-Figure Income by Darrin J. Seppinni
- Complete Idiot's Guide ® to Success as a Mortgage Broker by Daniel S. Kahn
There are plenty of free informational resources out there. Here's just a handful: